Thursday, April 14, 2016

mbots



When I went to the Google Summit last month, I was intrigued with the mbots.  Our class had already started exploring the world of coding via Scratch, and so, adding a robot seems to be the next logical step!

There was much excitement the day the mbots arrived at the school, but it quickly turned when we opened the box and discovered how many tiny little sensitive parts there were.  Initially, practically everyone wanted to put them together, and I was worried that the students would be arm wrestling for the 4 bots we had. 

It turned out, many students were nervous or unsure about putting them together.  I think back to the first time I had to build a computer desk on my own and was trying to follow the step-by-step pictures.  I remember feeling frustrated with some pictures, yet proud and confident at the end when the desk was set up and did not fall apart.  So imagine a grade 5/6 student putting together all these electronic parts, and the excitement we all felt when the 4 mbots were successfully moving on their own!







I can't wait to see what my students are going to get these little guys doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment